Monday 28 November 2011

Still Not Sent!

Well, I currently have two orders outstanding with WHSmith online, one for a Kobo Touch Reader as well as a Kobo Vox Reader and another on behalf of my Father for a case/wallet for the Kobo Touch to give to my Mother for Christmas.

Both orders have been sitting on 'Ready to Send' status since half an hour after placing said order. Finally I searched down an explanation on the website about how long it takes to dispatch an in stock item and found the following explanation of the term 'Ready to Send':


  • Ready to Send: Your product(s) are ready to be sent to you and will be sent shortly.
Well, both Kobos have been sitting on this message/status since before 2pm on Friday 25th November and the second order has been since before noon on Sunday 27th November. Not exactly 'will be sent shortly'.

I thought as only weekdays count in their delivery schedule even for those using a courier service that my order had missed the pick-up on Friday but would be picked up by the courier service today as the next working day after my order changing to the 'RTS' status. Apparently not!

Once an order is ready to go and just needs handing over to the chosen delivery service like this I believe the next working day is long enough time for this to happen especially with in stock and ready orders.

Hopefully my order should be sent out tomorrow, any backlog from weekend orders should be cleared by then for packaged and ready orders shouldn't it?! That should give them enough time to send them out as clearly they are sitting ready and waiting in the warehouse.

Unfortunately due to my mobility problems going all the way to our only outlet of WHSmith is out of the question for me and that's even if they had the relevant items in stock when I got there. I know in the case of the ... well case ... the 25% off discount of the price was only available by online orders. So that one had to be placed and ordered online with the warehouse. 

Fingers crossed for tomorrow again.



No comments:

Post a Comment