Tuesday 29 November 2011

Kobo Vox has arrived

My order with WHSmith arrived just minutes before I left to take my youngest nephew to nursery school so luckily I was in to accept the package.

According to said package it was sent out yesterday by Parcel Force 24 but at least I don't have to arrange for someone to be home for the next 48 hours in case it arriveth.

Due to the fact that the workman my brother was expecting tonight texted that he would arrive at around 3pm rather than in the evening our plans for this afternoon had to be totally reorganized. Instead of picking up all three boys from their relevant schools the youngest is going to football practice with his dad after school while the two eldest get picked up by their grandfather and then travel by bus home where I am currently awaiting the workman's arrival.

My brother is due home after football practice, so some time between 4.30 and 5.00 pm and we can head home once he arrives.

I had a short time while having my lunch to play around with my new toy and found it instinctive and easy to use. The touchscreen was very responsive and the update to the software took less than 10 minutes to do and then I logged into Kobo and downloaded by meagre library there.

I will check out more of the android side tonight and see about downloading the Kindle app which works with this device by all accounts and also downloading an app which allows me to import my other epubs from other sources.

I will also play around with the browser etc., as well as already installed apps to see how it all works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment