Thursday 23 June 2011

Terror

I must admit to be quite frankly terrified. Why?

I knew I would be reviewed and possibly have to sit a medical to show how my disabilities made work impossible for me - or at least highly improbable as who would hire someone with my limitations and disabilities, let's be honest here - and as I already had been reviewed just before this plan was announced originally I knew I was OK as I was informed that I would be reviewed at the pre-stated time given after my last review.

So I was alright until December 2012 and I hoped that this new 'system' would have some problems ironed out a bit so imagine my surprise when I got my letter saying this review affected me now as I would be starting my review process within the next 2 weeks with a phone call from a benefit adviser.

Wow, I hadn't realised it was the end of 2012 already, yet here I am getting dragged into the first reviews in my area of Scotland. So I checked the process and the postings of those already reviewed or in the process of being reviewed and was disgusted with what I found. Talk about a rigged jury to face with these review boards. Already their has been an 80% appeal success from those in Scotland who had their benefits wrongly removed through reviews held since January 2011. Can't be that many wrong initial results unless it's rigged and no matter what you say (either in writing or in face to face 'interviews') you get cut off and put straight into able to work and job seekers allowance and basically to find a mystical job.

Yup less than 500,000 jobs for the current 5.5 million unemployed and they are rigging their reviews to add more to that total.

I felt secure knowing that even if I was put in the disabled but work worthy I would still have my DLA to help me y'know live as the DLA was to be left alone for those awarded as infinite when reviewed to be given it. Which I am. But I found that DLA is being replaced and my mobility component that I get is being vastly changed and quite frankly almost phased out. So the future is bleak as they are introducing the new system next May and my future is feeling less than bleak now.

So given the horror stories so far in my area and what is to come for me on both my small incomes (no matter what scare stories out there I am getting nowhere near they claim individual claiming it fraudulently are getting) I am quite frankly terrified I will be forced into poverty and no way out while those who really should be forced out are sitting in the pub and going on holidays with their ill gotten gains.

What makes me mad is there is no announcements to cut back on help to those who self-inflict themselves with drink and drugs. For years, even while on these benefits, I paid for all my 25 a day medication while druggies got expensive heroine replacements free of charge. How about forces these drunks and druggies into rehab and if they refuse or don't try cut them off and save your billions instead of penalising and witch hunting those with real (medically backed up) disabilities and diseases.

No comments:

Post a Comment