Monday 2 May 2011

FOUR-OH-OH

Well it's official, I've turned 40!

I saw my nephews briefly in Halfords today when I popped in to pick up my reserved Garmin Sat Nav which was my present from my parents.

My sister-in-law had just picked up her new car, a Citroen Picasso C4.

My brother popped in to drop of my cards and pressie while the boys attended the youngest's gym class which is attends every Monday afternoon. Tomorrow sees them all returning to school after the extra long weekend off they have had.

It was a lovely warm day when you were in the sun but briskly cold elsewhere. I woke up stiff and sore with my RA raging wildly, such a wonderful welcome start to my birthday.

I don't know what supposed to be different now I'm 40, I had the same lack of any negative emotion when I turned 30 as well. I could never understand people who wouldn't admit to being their age or somehow feeling  upset at certain ages. I'm not one to lie - or be concerned - about my age.

I was thrilled, I kid you not, when I found I had gotten a lovely white/silver hair running through my hair. My first official 'grey hair' and I thought it was so cool. It looked great especially with my long brunette hair.

OK ... I'll admit it ... I might be considered a bit strange with the way I react to signs of ageing. But it's better than the alternative, every minute you live you grow older and nothing can change that regardless of feelings about it. It's a waste of time and energy to rage against something you can't change, so why let it bother you.

No comments:

Post a Comment