Saturday 29 December 2012

Future Plans


I am carefully deciding on my timetable, or as I like to call it my fluid rota, for the coming year.

I have decided to concentrate my limited resources on a couple of blogs, I have opted to choose one personal blog as well as my book blog as well as my disabled blog Invisible Me. As for the last of those blogs I will only be updating that one very occasionally as I've decided only to host well thought out articles concerned with living like a disabled person on this blog.

I decided to choose The Crimson Writer as my personal blog cause this was the anti-thesis of my book blog The Crimson Inkpot, sort like the blog of the person behind the blog so to speak.

Due to the unpredictable nature of my health and its associated disabilities I cannot be assured that I will been good enough health to ensure regular updates, hence the need for a more fluid timetable.

The last thing that my health needs is for me to unnecessary stress on myself trying to adhere to a very strict timetable. While I know I need the structure to help me in some sort of organised order I need to be sure I don't over do this and result in the putting too much pressure on myself and as a result not post anything except apologies for not posting.


I hope that by having this line in place I will avoid continually having to post apologies for my lack of posts on any and all my blogs.

As I look back on the last 12 months I am surprised with how it has went. While I was greatly disappointed at the outcome of my therapy sessions at the hospital I find myself in a better place at the end of this year than I was beginning, which I suppose is mainly a good thing.

My creativity has found a totally unexpected and surprising outlet in video making. At the beginning of the year I was making weekly or biweekly personal videos in a diary like format. This quickly evolved into making daily personal video diaries, quickly I became frustrated at being tied to the integrated web cam on my mother's laptop to meet these diaries, so I soon invested in my first pocket camcorder in the form of a Kodak ZX5 also called the Kodak Playsport.

I now own several pocket camcorders including two other Kodak pocket camcorders. I also will have invested in a couple pocket size point-and-shoot cameras as well as what is referred to as a bridge camera which strangely is a Kodak as well.

I have rediscovered my love of taking pictures as well as a love of shooting videos as well. I considered both to be very positive things, giving me an outlet for my creativity. I am also hoping that learning to use the Dragon NaturallySpeaking software which I recently purchased will also help me revitalise my love of the creative written word.

For the Christmas this year I received what is referred to as a Google Chromebook. This is an Internet based machine which runs on the Chrome operating system, which is an evolved form of their Internet browser.

I am hoping that the combination of my new Chromebook, my dragon NaturallySpeaking software, will make it more easy to keep up with my blogs as I wish in the coming months.





No comments:

Post a Comment